Need help with modem

Allan Gutstadt gutstadt at bloomington.in.us
Mon Nov 24 14:32:20 UTC 2003

I have installed Fedora and am now trying to get a modem to work. It is a Zoom External Serial 56K and it works with Windows; the manufacturer says it will work with Linux.  I have tried all of the steps in System Settings > Network Configuration and System Tools> Network Device Control, but modem doesn't dial when I use Evolution. Uninstalled and tried again and now it hangs on "Starting Networking"?  This problem doesn't seem to be mentioned on the list, so it must be something simple that I'm doing wrong.  Can anyone help? Thanks.