Updated RPM - flash-plugin-6.0.79-2

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Nov 24 15:25:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > http://macromedia.mplug.org
> > flash-plugin-6.0.79-2
> >
> > There are NO CHANGES to the plugin binaries themselves.  They are the
> > same binaries released during March 2003.  This package update is only
> > improvements to the installer in order to reduce support issues.
> >
> > Please configure your apt, yum, up2date, or urpmi tools to automatically
> > check for updates of flash-plugin.  Details at the website above.
>
> I added
>
>   apt macromedia http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/macromedia/apt fedora/1 macromedia
>
> to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.  When I run up2date to install, it finds
> the repository and the package correctly, but hangs during the dependency
> resolution step.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The story continues:

I installed separately the depedency compat-libstdc++ and then the install
of flash-plugin got past the dependency check, but failed on the
signature.  So I installed with up2date --nosig and it worked.

Later I saw a reference to missing GPG keys in rpm, so I added the key
with rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1/RPM-GPG-KEY.  That
seemed to go okay, so to test, I did rpm -e flash-plugin and then tried to
up2date flash-plugin again and it now hangs on "Fetching rpm headers...",
and CPU goes to 99%.  Ctrl-C doesn't kill it either, I need to Ctrl-Z and
then kill -9.

Packages from the default repositories (coincidentally all yum) seem to
work.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences