help kudzu & modem

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 24 17:15:07 UTC 2003

Chris Hewitt wrote:
> Kudzu cannot find my external US Robotics modem on boot either. I either
> let it time out or select the "Do nothing" option. If I then use minicom
> it talks to the modem without problem. I feel this is a kudzu problem,
> anyone else?

Hi Chris,

I had the same problem. Someone advised me to ignore Kudzu and just go
ahead and define a modem using the internet-wizard. Kudzu appears to
only create /dev/modem (iirc), so if necessary you can define /dev/modem
yourself. I think the internet configuration wizard (under system-tools)
  detects the modem automagically.

After defining the modem, Kudzu will recognize the modem too. In my case
it did anyway.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,