fedora core 1 and stoned beaver don't detect soundcard.

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Mon Nov 24 20:01:30 UTC 2003

Andy Green wrote:
> On Monday 24 November 2003 18:53, John McBride wrote:
>>My modules.conf has :
> Its modprobe.conf for 2.6, it deprecates modules.conf :-)

Is there another package to install other than the kernel? Even after
adding "alias sound-slot-0 cmpci" to /etc/modprobe.conf it still won't
load cmpci (doesn't mention it in /var/log/messages or dmesg either).

If I "/sbin/modprobe cmpci" it comes up okay, then have to reload the mixer.

It barfs on the pre/post install lines that were in modules.conf so I
removed them. Oh, there are two new things I haven't seen before in the
dmesg:

kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.

Could this be related?