fedora core 1 and 2.6.0-test10 no cdrom or dvd.

Dan Goodes fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Tue Nov 25 00:03:28 UTC 2003

Hi Dave,

What you need to do is disable ide-scsi. In your /etc/grub.conf file, find
the "kernel" line for the 2.6.0-test10 line, and remove "ide-scsi" from
it.

For some reason ide-scsi is broken, so you have to remove it and your
cdrom will work. Unfortunately, be aware that some softare (e.g. cdrecord)
will try to look for /dev/scd0 (the scsi cdrom drive that ide-scsi
emulates), so they'll have to be told to use /dev/hdg or /dev/cdrom
directly.

HTH

-Dan