fedora will not access dhcp server to get IP

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Nov 25 02:07:20 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:51:32 -0400, Robert Marcano wrote:

>One internet provider on my country requires a change on the MTU in
>order to be able to connect (they provide a WLL based service), many
>linux users were able to connect on windows but not on linux because
>they provided a Windows only setup utility that changed the MTU value
>without the user intervention. Try setting the MTU value on linux with
>the same value that Windows has

>From what I can gather, Win2K does not have any MTU setting. I can’t
find one anyway, and the google searches I did report that there is a
way to set an MTU with Win2k, but it involves actually adding a
registry entry since none exists by default.

So sure there must be some MTU setting “built in” but it’s not visible,
so I can’t figure out what it is nor transfer it to linux. :-(

 Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com