The Fedora Core release notes suck!

Andrew schotty at core.com
Mon Nov 24 18:04:57 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 20:53, Elton Woo wrote:
> On November 24, 2003 04:54 pm, Edward C. Bailey, "Edward C. Bailey"
> <ed at redhat.com> wrote:

> 3) Likewise UP2DATE notes, which IMVHO, I would rate of equal
> importance with firewalling.

> Elton Woo.

I agree here.  I think that the average user will not understand the
ability up2date has to make their life a breeze.  I also propose that we
have a community page that lists GOOD yum/apt repositories and a brief
on them.  Also note any compatibility conflicts that may arise from
using repository a with repository b.  I am sure that 90% of us have
more than enough competence to Google or search the archives for this,
but why not put it in a more accessible place for the end user?  I am
running into a lot of coworkers and friends that see me not spending a
lot of time, money, or curse words on my Red Hat/Fedora Core boxes, and
want in too.  This was something that I always had to go way too far
into because there was really no readily available docs to an average
Joe.  The average Joe is not going to look through newsgroups or mail
lists.

Andrew