Can't find advanced Gnome settings on FC1, what happened?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Nov 25 06:41:34 UTC 2003

Iain Buchanan wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 12:41, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>>What "advance settings"?  The GNOME developers have been mostly working
>>on software that "just works" rather than sofware with a million
>>configuration options.
>

> Which is the worst decision they ever made (IMHO :)  What if I love
> being able to customise the hell out of everything?

Then you are not a part of GNOME's target audience, and you should use
something else.  That is why options exist.  KDE, for instance, has a
plethora of options for every aspect of the desktop I can think of.

> By far the best desktop I have ever used was gnome on redhat 7.3 +
> ximian.  Efficient, intuitive, customisable, excellent!

Perhaps it's time to try other options.  KDE has a large following for a
reason.  XFCE is also a wonderful desktop.  You might find that you
enjoy one of them.