raise window on-click

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Tue Nov 25 12:40:41 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 02:33, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Rob Park wrote:
> >
> > Ugh, this drives me nuts. I use focus-follows-mouse because I like being
> > able to type into whatever window I'm pointing at, WITHOUT having to
> > click it.
> > BUT, sometimes I DO want to
> > raise the window, and it's *so* much easier to be able to click anywhere
> > than to be restricted to the title bar.
>
> Alt + Mouse 1
>
> Problem solved.

Except that holding down alt is a problem for disabled usability.  And a
pain for non-disabled users.  It really ought to be a metacity option.
Or GNOME should include at least one more powerful window manager by
default.

Simplicity is very important, yes, but usability is more important.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves