some gnome-issues

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Tue Nov 25 11:37:06 UTC 2003

hi,

1. how can i change the default browser of evolution (mozilla) to
epiphany, so that links in mails will get openend via epiphany?

2. how can i (or can i at all) change the icons of all files of same
sort (like folders, mp3s etc.) without having to change the whole
icon-theme?

3. when i copy files from win-pcs over the network via smb:/// in
nautilus, copying works, but at the end a pop-up screen appears saying
"you don't have the permission to change the file or it's parent
directory" which is kind of funny because i just _copied_ it. after
clicking "abort", the file nevertheless won't get deleted on my pc and
seems to work well. i never had those problems in rh8 or rh9, so this is
a bug, right?!

4. does someone know if there's anything in dev. so that you finally can
stream from smb-shares via nautilus?

5. i tried to install the svg-themes over from
http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/download/
seemed to compile and install fine (i installed both
packages-"librsvg-2.4 and "gnome-themes-extras-0.4" following the resp.
install-instructions, i.e. running "configure" before), now what...?
i mean, do those extra themes are supposed to show up in the regular
theme-manager (which, in my case, they do not!), or do i have to do
somehow manually use them-would be nice if someone could fill me in!
also, afaik, there are currently no rpms of these themes for fc1, so it
would be cool (because some of the themes look really awesome imo) if
one of the rep.-maintainers could make one.

as always,

thx for any help!