BIND basics

Carsten carsten at ya.com
Tue Nov 25 13:29:25 UTC 2003

Great, it is solved!

It was the zone file:

Replaced
$TTL 86400
caluta.carsten.peters.name.     IN      SOA     carsten.peters.name  root (

With
$TTL 86400
@ IN SOA carsten.peters.name. root (

it was probably the missing trailing dot.

AND

caluta  IN      NS      192.168.1.3
caluta          IN      A       192.168.1.3
kutter          IN      A       192.168.1.2

With

		IN      NS      caluta.carsten.peters.name.
caluta		IN      A       192.168.1.3
kutter		IN      A       192.168.1.2

no forward necesary in /etc/named.conf for the server is already a caching server.
No reserve zone for carsten.peters.name, well I think if I don't contact servers that require a reserve lookup I can probably do without it
Anyway, I will put the reserve zone later.

Thank you,
Carsten