SiI3x12A Fedora Core Install

Aron Rubin arubin at atl.lmco.com
Tue Nov 25 13:39:22 UTC 2003

So I got this mondo hammer (athlon64) machine, but it has only a SATA
drive. Prior to procuring said machine, I made sure I could find some
sort of statement of support, some vague, for each component. Well poop,
the Fedora Core install process does not recognize the SATA controller,
which is a Silicon Image SiI 3x12. There does not seem to be a "legacy"
emulation option in the bios. The vendor only supplies the driver
compiled into a 2.4.18 binary distro and a promise for inclusion in 2.6.
After much searching I came across:
http://www.infowares.com/linux/
These drivers claim support for the SiI3x12A controller. Before I go and
try to use them, can someone give me some direction as to how to do so
with the install process. Any other *useful* info would be appreciated.

Aron

--

ssh aron at rubinium.org cat /dev/brain | grep ^work:

Aron Rubin                       Member, Engineering Staff
Lockheed Martin                  E-Mail: arubin at atl.lmco.com
Advanced Technology Laboratories Phone:  856.792.9865
3 Executive Campus               Fax:    856.792.9930
Cherry Hill, NJ USA 08002        Web:    http://www.atl.lmco.com