Where's the hardware compatibility list?

Marian POPESCU softexpert at libertysurf.fr
Tue Nov 25 14:40:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have an ABIT KR7A-RAID with HPT372 controller.
I succesfully tried to build and install the kernel module driver from
source: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/hpt3xx-opensource-v131.tgz

I installed as well the Raid Manager and I can see the 2 HDDs connected on
the controller as a RAID 1 disc.

Actually my system (RH9 and now FC1) is installed on a third disc (Primary
Master), but on the RAID disc I have several NTFS partitions that are
easily accessible. So, it works. But I cannot guarantee that there will
not be error while writing on the discs (I have not tried that yet).

HTH,
Marian