[Fwd: Mozilla and Multimedia]

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 25 17:17:24 UTC 2003

On November 25, 2003 08:54 am, antonio montagnani, antonio montagnani
<anto.montagnani at virgilio.it> wrote:

> > doesn't operate, I tried to connect live radio www.nostalgie.fr and
> > www.swissjazz.ch and I got frustrated, if I start Gxine some stations
> > include in the list play, other don't....
>
> When I connect to www.nostalgie.fr I get a line in the Gxine window like
> this (the gxine plugin starts)
>
> 0
> ASF, o kHz 16 kBit/s MS Windows Media Audio 2 ((ffmpeg)
I'm using Moxilla 1.4.1, and I have both RealOnePlayer and gxine /xine
installed.

Swissjazz gives me sound with the realaudio player, but I get the same
result with nostalgie. It appears that they are using wmf (Windows
Media Format) ... which, AFAIK, has no equivalent open source codecs
available for linux. I'd simply drop that station, if I were you.

I *highly recommend* this site for finding audio and video content
http://www.virtualtuner.com/
The mantainer of this site is very quick to respond to reports of
outdated, missing, or incorrect links.

auguri,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.