The Fedora Core release notes suck!

John Kodis kodis at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 25 17:39:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 04:54:49PM -0500, Edward C. Bailey wrote:

> Basically, what do you want the release notes to look like?

I like the current release notes.  They're a bit long, but I'd rather
have too much information than too little.

The only addition that I'd suggest is an "Executive Summary", probably
in the Intro section.  This would be a single paragraph with a brief
description of the top few changes to servers or to the "user
experience".  So for example, a change from wu- to vsftp or from
sendmail to postfix as the preferred MTA, or the inclusion of a major
update to Gnome, KDE, or an office suite would be noted here; changes
to single, little-used programs would not.

--
John Kodis                                    Goddard Space Flight Center
kodis at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov                      Greenbelt, Maryland, USA