"Disk Druid" After installation

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Wed Nov 26 15:13:56 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 00:24, Tom Diehl wrote:

> If you "mess" with the partitions you may end up reinstalling the system.
> Make sure you understand what you are doing.

    Yeah, I'm aware.  I'm not wanting to resize and reinstall, just add
a couple of hot spares onto an existing array.  I eventually happened
onto the right command line and found that somehow a 10g partition
wasn't enough to add to a 7.9g existing array.  Don't ask me how, but
it's just a little too small.

> >     Is that available after-the-fact?  What's it called?  It sure would
> > have been a lot easier...
>
> No, Disk Druid is not available outside of anaconda. Use fdisk on EMPTY
> partitions. If you use fdisk on partitions with data in them they will be
> empty partitions afterword's.

    Yeah, we're old friends...I was just hoping to avoid all that time
researching Google and weeding through non-English results.

    Thanks, though.
Brian Fahrländer                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262