boot error mounting /boot

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Nov 26 20:16:33 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 19:12, snookertb wrote:

> mount LABEL=/boot duplicate not mounted.
>
> After booting the /boot directory shows empty in nautilus and when ls is
> used. When I probe the /boot directory from a knoppix recovery disk all
> the files are still there.
>
> Commenting out the fstab entry for LABEL=/boot XXXXX ....
> removes the boot time error but the /boot directory is still showing
> empty, no files or folders.
>
> any suggestions?

Wouldn't this actually be compatible with having two partitions
(perhaps on different disks) with label /boot ?
Were you upgrading?
Maybe you have another partition labelled /boot
from a previous installation.
(e2label /dev/hda3 tells you the label on that partition.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366