update from redhat 9

Kevin Brouelette kevin at texum.com
Wed Nov 26 22:05:09 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Cornelius Koelbel
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 3:56 PM
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: update from redhat 9

Hello,
is it possible, to update in s simple way from rh 9 to fedora?

Thanks
Cornelius

Hello

The answer is,... Yes.

Ok maybe you want more than that so let me offer this:

1] read the Fedora release notes completely.
2] backup any important data.
3] upgrade as you'd like [make cd's or ftp install as you desire]
4] enjoy Fedora.

The reason I start with #1  is that a lot of mail I see posted
here with problems are people who didn't spend the time to read
the release notes.  If it's a stock RH9 box, it should be a
straight forward upgrade.  Any other issues [Ximain, NVIDIA etc]
will have to be dealt with post install.

Good luck

Kevin B