Dual boot installation on a Siemens-Fujitsu laptop - AMILO D1840

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Thu Nov 27 06:39:36 UTC 2003

    Hallo,
     I would like to know how I have to proceed with a dual installation.
     Windows XP Home version is installed on laptop. I want to change this
     Windows XP Professional and then install Fedora Core 1. The Windows XP
     professional is installed via network to have all the security patches
and
     antivirus SW.The Liniux is installed from the CD.The total disk
capacity
     is 60GB.I read different notes from  different people from the Web. I
would like to know
     I have 512MB memory and the graphic card is ATI mobility Radeon 9600
129MB.

     1. Whether I should reformat the disk and define different partitions?
        (using fdisk from Windows ) Or can I install XP profressional
directly
        without doing any partioning?

     2.  Whether I should do any partioning during the Linux installation
          or can I select automatic partioning?I know that this is a
question
          how one wants to use the computer.

     3. I want to have firewall installation for linux on the machine? Is
there
          any sw on the Fedora disc?

          I am thankful to your answer.I would like to have windows as
default
          OS. I will appreciate very much if you can give mention the
procedure
          step by step.

          regards,
          Kumar