Tuxracer on Fedora - SLOW!

Nick Wilson nick at stylesheet.org
Thu Nov 27 11:48:43 UTC 2003

* and then mwafkowski declared....
> Yes - It means that you don't have the required 3D drivers installed. NV
> drivers I beleive are your bread and butter 2D drivers...

OKay, So I installed the glx and kernel rpms as per the readme and now I
get this when trying to run tuxracer:

NV: could not open control device /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied)
Error: Could not open /dev/nvidiactl because the permissions
are too resticitive.  Please see the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
section of /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README for steps
to correct.

but I don't seem to have that document? - I seem to be in a bit of a
mess... ;-)

--
Nick W