Alacatel Speedtouch USB @ Fedora Core 1

Smallcreep smallcreep at quista.net
Fri Nov 28 21:42:32 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 20:16, KnuX wrote:
> It's not what I want to do, I already configure my Internet connexion with
> the user-mode driver ;)
>
> But... What is the interest to have a kernel module included in
> kernel-2.4.22, if the solution to get working this modem is to install
> user-mode driver ?!
> :(

Why do I use the user-mode driver? 1. It works.  2. Because it works, I
can look on the internet for the answer to your question.  The
speedtouch project page on SourceForge refers to the following two url's
for info on the kernal-mode driver:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3581, and

http://www.linuxdude.co.uk/docs/Alcatel-Speedtouch-USB-mini-HOWTO/speedtouchusb.html

Though the second of these gives a 404 error.  At least the first provides a starting point.

Peter Silcock