fedora on IBM T40 wireless/touchpad issues

Vince Scimeca vscimeca at jupitermedia.com
Sat Nov 29 02:40:43 UTC 2003

In the past month I went from RH 9 to Suse 9 Pro which were both on my
IBM X22.  I have now moved into an IBM T40 and decided to go with
Fedora.

Everything thus far has been pretty smooth except for 2 things;

1 - the T40 has what I call the traditional nipple mouse which I prefer
to use and it also has the touchpad mouse which I would like to
disable.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

2 - the T40 has a Intel 802.11b Wireless(MPCI) card which Fedora does
not find, any idea how to set this up?

I have googled and searched these issues but I haven't found a
solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Vince