mplayer plugin for mozilla in fc1

bdunne bdunne at
Sun Nov 30 00:29:58 UTC 2003

Clint wrote:
>I experimented with setting these flags:
>and it is still not streaming. The test stream didn't work, and when I go to
the >site to view a trailer, it just displays a white box with the message:
>http://(long web address for stream)

The failure of the command line test stream indicates that the problem isn't
with mplayerplug-in (as the command line bypassed mozilla and the plug-in),
but with mplayer itself.  You might want to check out the mailing lists at to see if others have has this problem.  You're more
likely to find someone who has had this problem there.

You may also be more comfortable with pre-built binaries.  The
repository has binaries for mplayer and mplayerplug-in.  First, run

  rpm --import

to grab's GPG key.  Then, add the following to /etc/yum.conf

  [livna-stable] Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)

  name=Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror

and the following to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources (if you use up2date)

  yum livna-stable
  yum fedora-us-1-stable

You can then install mplayer via "yum install mplayer mplayer-gui
mplayerplug-in".  Yum should then install mplayer and its assorted

Bryan C Dunne
E-Mail: bdunne at
"What fun is it being 'cool' if you can't wear a sombrero?"