Medion MD9570 graphics tablet (aka Aiptek)

Bryan Anderson fedora at bryananderson.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 01:12:42 UTC 2003

Just rushed out to get one of these on special offer. USB graphics
tablet with mouse and pen, pressure sensitive, etc. Works fine if I am
booted into Windows, so I know the hardware is okay.

On starting up FC1, I check the hardware browser in KDE and the tablet
shows as an Aiptek tablet, so FC1 can 'see' it. On moving the mouse or
the pen, the mouse pointer goes haywire and flies around the screen. I
am sure it'll be something simple, but where do I start with this?

I have seen a web page at: http://aiptektablet.sourceforge.net/ but I
can't see any downloads and wouldn't know what to do with them if I had
them!

Bryan Anderson <fedora at bryananderson.co.uk>

PS....this is my last bit of hardware not working in FC1. Shame really
as I've been waiting for this to drop in price/come up on offer and it'd
be a hige disapointment to find that I have to keep XP to boot into just
to do my photo editing.