problem in host and splash screen

Rafa Quintanilla rafael_quintanilla_perez at yahoo.es
Sun Nov 30 22:07:49 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I get the following message when I log in (I'm
translating it to English):
"I could not search the Internet address
x1-6-00-c0-df-63-25. This will make GNOME not to work
properly. It could be possible to correct by adding
x1-6-00-c0-df-63-25 to file etc/hosts"

I must say that x1-6-00-c0-df-63-25 is the name of my
computer (found thru DHCP). I added thid to
/etc/hosts, but to no avail. How can I change this and
put e.g. Duron1300? And, how can I avoid this annoying
message?

One more thing: resolution in the splash screen is
very low: I can hardly read "name" or "password". How
can make it bigger? Afterwards when I'm logged in,
resolution is OK at 800x600.

TIA,

Rafa

Yahoo! Sorteos