Fedora and the System Administrator

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Wed Oct 1 00:08:30 UTC 2003

> > At least with RHL we had *some* stability....*sigh*
> 2) If you NEED long term stability then you are going to have to pay for
> it. You can either pay Red Hat for RHEL, pay an outside contractor to
> maintain packages for 2 year length of time, or pay people inside your
> company to maintain those packages.

Or join the rh-consortium and help pool the necessary resources to provide
that support. Mailing list here:

> 3) If you dont really NEED long term stability you can hope that there
> will be enough interest in Fedora Legacy so that older releases will be
> maintained by people. However those will be volunteers and may drop a
> package at any time.

We're keeping a close eye on Fedora Legacy. If it does what we need, then
we're home free. If not, then that's what we're doing this for.

Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Integration		| http://www.quantumlinux.com
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com