Fedora and the System Administrator -- there are a lot of variables here ...

Thu Oct 2 15:57:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:44, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Quoting David Holden <dh at iucr.org>:
> > As far as I know for version of Microsoft OS's your guaranteed >3 years
> > use of that OS and security updates are *free*.
> > (Yes I know microsoft and security are words that really don't mix :))
>
> Secondly, Microsoft has the volume to sustain security updates on a $99-199
> product.  Red Hat does not.

That presumes of course that MS can manage to get it right...so that
there is actually some value behind the 'service'....

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5085251.html

Trustworthy Computing.....Round 2?

Marc