Fedora and the System Administrator -- Red Hat v. SuSE it is not ...

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Thu Oct 2 22:47:09 UTC 2003

Buck wrote:
> I agree.  The need or desire dictates the product used.  For me, SuSE is
> more affordable, has long term maintenance and an option for a long term

take note:
"At the moment_ we are maintaining SuSE Linux for 2 years - that means
Bug fixes and Security fixes will be released for two years for each SuSE
Linux version. Contrary to our business products with maintenance this is
_not_ guaranteed."

> stable product compatible with the rest.  For $50 ($10 less than the Red

$40 SuSE Linux 8.2 Personal is very castrated.
Red Hat Linux is cheaper, free. And you are able to get all *ISO* images
from NET.

> Hat Network) I get an original disc, I can copy and distribute it for
> free, and I can install it on all the computers I desire.  If, on the

Are you sure of this?. With RH Linux you are free to install it wherever
you want. And Modify and sell it under your _own_ name(without rh logos....)