Fedora and the System Administrator -- okay, people are doing apples-to-oranges ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Oct 3 16:33:13 UTC 2003

Quoting Xose Vazquez Perez <xose at wanadoo.es>:
> we were talking about *Red Hat Linux*, not Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Damn straight!
Quit comparing RH*E*L to SuSE Linux!
Compare RHEL to SuSE *Enterprise* Linux!

I know there is some "overlap," but it's all the same.

> in your opinion.

I'm open to someone correcting me, but since when is YaST (among about 50 other
packages in SuSE Linux) 100% redistributable?

How about SuSE Enterprise Linux?

And I don't mean in the context of _only_ "certain packaging"
(e.g., "evaluation CDs," "loaners," "LUG-only", etc...).

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org  http://thebs.org
There is no greater ignorance than the popular American environ-