Certification

leam leam at reuel.net
Tue Oct 7 21:01:39 UTC 2003

> From: "G Henry" <gavin.henry at magicfx.co.uk>
>
>>>I'm wondering about this as well.  I had started to study for my RHCE using
>>>RH 9.  I figured that it would be beneficial for both RHL *and* RHEL, and
>>>of course RHL is no more.

Maybe I'm late on this, but my understanding is that the RHCE is good
for a couple or three major versions of RHL. That is, I took the exam
based on RHL9 while RHEL 2.1 was current. My certification is good for
until RHEL 5 or so. At least that was what was explained in the Red Hat
stuff I was given.

The course I took was RHL9 based and does not indicate any difference
between certification for RHL and RHEL. Operationally RHL and RHEL are
fairly similar so I'd say press on with your preparations! If you do
Fedora you'll probably be more skilled than those who just do RHL or RHEL.

--
ciao!

leam

been there,