Graphical Boot (How to turn off?)

Williams Jr, Ernest L. ernesto at ornl.gov
Mon Oct 13 17:37:47 UTC 2003

Hi

I recently attached an external DVD Burner from HP

That is a DVD Writer  Model number dvd 300e

I first simply connected the firewire cable (IEEE 1394) and when the
system boots it hangs at probing the

Hardware stage.  Now since the graphical boot is in the way I can't see
what is going on!!  So how do I turn this darn graphical boot off?

Also, does fedora support IEEE 1394 devices, namely my DVD writer?

I next tried the USB cable and the system does indeed boot up at least.

What's next? How do I actually burn a DVD via the command line under
fedora?

Thanks,

Ernest L. Williams Jr