soundserver error on KDE startup in fedora 0.94

Andy Hall ahall at
Tue Oct 14 17:35:38 UTC 2003

--Original Message

From: Andy Green <fedora at>
To: fedora-list at
Subject: Re: soundserver error on KDE startup in fedora 0.94
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:41:33 +0100

Not sure where your problem is coming from, but my first post-install
move is to use the Control Center to turn off arts and then remove
kaboodle and noatun from being associated with any files.

- -Andy

Cheers for the tips Andy, but it seems as though my sound card is a tweaked
version by Dell...

...which doesn't work with the EMU10K1 driver... you have to download the EMU10K1X driver from 4Front technologies...

...which costs £45 per annum :-(

I'll put this into bugzilla, and hopefully someone will try and get the OEM
Dell cards to work with Fedora.

I mean, RedHat and Dell work closely together, right?