CNET News Article

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Wed Oct 22 17:17:29 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 08:42, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:

> And know what? Precious little has been utterly and truly broken.
> In a few instances I've had to back out an update.  I've had far
> fewer problems in updating my laptop daily than the guys in my office
> have had with Windows security updates.  [Not to say that besting
> Windows is any great achievement.]

You make some great points, Bill.  But as a small business man I can't
take the time update or to back out updates daily.  Or even weekly, or
monthly, or quarterly, or annually.  I need a server platform I can
leave (with only security updates) for at least four years.

Perhaps Linux won't fill my needs.  But I'd like it to.

> So while there will be bugs and incompatibilities in any release, I'm
> feeling pretty confident that FC1 will be better than any previous
> ".0" release.

I hope so as well.  But I can't help remember how the mozilla project
went, and I can't afford to wait through as long as that took.

> Just one user's opinion ...

And another's <smile>.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation