nvidia thoughts

Hazlett, Evan [EAC/FF] evan.hazlett at eacemr.COM
Thu Oct 23 17:10:28 UTC 2003

I have a Ti4200, and have had it working in SuSE 8.2 Pro, RH8, RH9,
Fedora...etc...
According to SuSE, they said they cant include the actual drivers (for 3d)
due to
nVidia licensing, and the drivers included in SuSE are "dummy drivers"...

What trouble are you having with it?

Here is how I install it...

I got the driver from nVidia, mine is called "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run"
--Probably not the latest...--

I copy it to somewhere on my box -- i.e.-  /tmp

Then, I press   Ctrl+Alt+F2  to switch to a console.
I then do   telinit 3   or    init 3     -- this switches to runlevel 3 (no
Xserver)

Then cd to the dir where the driver is -   cd /tmp
And then run the driver install--  sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run

Follow the onscreen instructions...

Hope this helps...

--evan hazlett