Compiling 2.4.22-1.2108.nptl

David C. Hart DCH at TQMcube.com
Sat Oct 25 18:29:09 UTC 2003

I didn't find this on Bugzilla but every time I try to compile any of
the NPTL kernels I get an error on make BzImage specifying
"active_load_balance" in sched.c.

Eventually, if I run it again (without an interim make clean) it does
compile and it does boot. Given that I have now experienced the problem
on three machines, I suspect that this is a fairly common bug. Does
anyone know what this issue stems from?

I have also noticed that these kernels seem determined to build in the
crypto options, regardless of how they are configured.

FWIW, I like to build fairly lean kernels, eliminating what I don't
need.