Production Version of Fedora?

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 13:14:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Bill Morris wrote:

>   Is there a version of Fedora that can be installed on
> a production web server or is it all considered beta?
>
>   Will there be stable production releases in the future?

As I understand it (*), Fedora Core's main target is developers and
enthusiasts, not 'must-be-super-stable' production deployments.

In other words, the goal is to develop amazing & cool new software, not to
make it polished for deployment. That's something for other projects or
products to take care of.

(*) according to http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html
-- Elliot
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves
on a rainy Sunday afternoon.