Does RH9 support Intel 845GV chipset

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 07:07:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, [gb2312] William Cai wrote:

>   I have install RH7.2 on my computer which have
>Intel 845GV chipset . But the video card couldn't be
>recognized . Now I want to know if RH9 support it .
>anyone can tell me ??
>
>You comments will be greatly appreciated !

Technically speaking, the shrike-list is the best place for Red
Hat Linux 9 questions, as this is the Fedora list, for Fedora
Core 1 and later OS releases...

That said, yes, Red Hat Linux 9 supports Intel i845 video as that
OS release ships XFree86 4.3.0 which is the minimum version of
XFree86 required for video support for that chipset.  There have
been problems reported from some users of Intel i845 and newer
chipsets, some of which go away if you disable DRI.  Hopefully
Intel will fix these issues soon also.

Hope this helps.