Some "Product Relationship" questions

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 23 13:09:11 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Barry K. Nathan wrote:

>I have some questions regarding the info on this page:
>http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html
>
>I'll just try asking the questions in random order...
>
>It says the "Update Lifetime" will be "2-3 months after next release".
>Combine that with a "Release Interval" of 4-6 months, and that would
>suggest an "Update Lifetime" of 6-9 months, not the 12 currently listed
>on: https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/

Well if Fedora was a Red Hat product it would be covered by that policy.
It isnt a Red Hat product, it is a community driven project.

>Also, the chart lists "Developer Community" as "Testers". To the best of
>my knowledge, Red Hat QA was involved with previous Red Hat Linux
>releases. Are they out of the loop now, or do they somehow fall under
>the "Developer Community" umbrella?

No idea.. probably they will be focusing on Enterprise stuff and will
fall under Developer Community when they have time.

>Finally, since the "Update Source" will be the "Developer Community",
>will Red Hat still list the errata on the
>https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/ site for Fedora Core, as it
>does now for Red Hat Linux?

Doubtful beyond maybe a links saying:

Looking for Fedora updates? Please goto http://xyz.abc.org/errata

Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058
Ta-03 SM-261  MailStop P208 DP 17U  Los Alamos, NM 87545