Some "Product Relationship" questions

MJang michael at ywow.org
Tue Sep 23 13:50:24 UTC 2003

Dear Bill,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Anderson" <bill at noreboots.com>
> Also on that same page:
> """
> one (1) major release of the Enterprise product. All RHCEs earned on Red
> Hat Linux 7.3 or prior will be considered current until the release of
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES/WS 4. All RHCEs and RHCTs earned on Red
> Hat Linux 8.0 or 9 will remain current until the release of Red Hat

Exactly my point. Until now, the RHCE and RHCT exams were based on (i.e. "earned on Red Hat Linux 8.0 or 9") Red Hat Linux. Their
validity (but not full content) was pegged to RHEL.

While I think you're going to be right, I think it remains to be seen whether the RHCE/RHCT exams will be based on only RHEL.

I certainly hope it happens that way.

Thanks,
Mike