How would integrating RHL into Fedora affect ISVs?

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 15:24:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:12:47PM -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
> Currently, it's common to see third party software developers developing
> for and recommending the usage of RedHat Linux. For instance, Rational
> (now IBM) supports the latest version of RedHat Linux with its ClearCase
> line of products. Now that RHL is Fedora, are there any guesses as to
> how these ISVs will take it? Is Fedora guaranteeing these companies no
> changes in the version of libraries in a system for a given release version?

Red Hat's goals for Fedora Core do not include enabling non-open-source
components.

Red Hat has strong ISV relationships, and all our promises to them, goals
to help them, and relationships with them are in the context of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/