NVidia on Severn2 -> It works.

Rodrigo Del C. Andrade fedora_rh at terra.com.br
Sat Sep 27 09:00:25 UTC 2003

	First thing that happened when I installed the beta was the lack of X,
'cause I have a GeForce4, so if ppl are goin to install and use a NVidia
models GeForce or Tnt (I cant garantee for quadro or others), this info
will come in handy.

	Here is how I installed NVidia drivers on Severn release 2:

	Download the latest driver:

	wget
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4496/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run

	If you try to run this as is, you will only got an error when it tries
to recompile a module for our kernel acusing diferent compilers, so lets
do this at comand line:

	./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run --add-this-kernel

	Gotta thanks the NVidia programmers for that one.
	After it all done you can run the new installer:

	./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2-custom.run

	and everything should be fine. Update /etc/X11/XFree86Config you it
wasnt already prepared for their drivers and have fun with your bug
hunting  with the possibility to watch dvds on tv-out during breaks :)

	Vantroy

ps: Is this the definitive logo for Fedora Core? It is kinda ... basic...
ps2: I upgraded from Shrike and couldnt select pckages. Thats bad :(