useNoSSLForPackages and other badly-conceived options (noticenon-hijacked thread!)

Barry K. Nathan barryn at
Sun Sep 28 02:22:47 UTC 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:41:55PM -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> I would trust a local mirror of and the "--packagedir"
> option for up2date more than I would trust a proxy cache.

Not to mention, Red Hat also has an RHN proxy server available for
purchase. AFAIK that's their official solution for local caching:

Or you can locally mirror and serve that out with
Current (that's what I'm doing -- it lets me add custom packages of my
own to the channel, too):

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at>