MySQL: 3.x versus 4.x

Sun Sep 28 13:40:27 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 22:19, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> Marc Schwartz wrote:
>
> > A (hopefully) quick query. Can someone provide some insight into the
> > selection of MySQL 3.x as opposed to 4.x in Fedora, in light of 4.x
> > being the present production version series?
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-July/msg00045.html
>
> Things to note....
> We are on the second set of isos now for this beta/test phase. A lot of
> previous discussion on pretty much all the 'important' packaging issues
> has been hashed through at least once in a mailinglist. The chances that
> the people with authoritative answers to give are going to respond, will
> probably lower as the number of times the same issue comes up. Please be
> aware that there are a couple of months of discussion already for this
> beta/test phase. And what's great, Red Hat's mailinglist archives have a
> search feature now....though it could be better. I still find it easier
> to search my locally archived digest emails in evolution, than to use
> Red Hat's web archvice search interface....but I digress. You may also
> want consider using the fedora-test list to talk about issues specific
> to the beta/test releases.
>
> -jef"still waiting for oneko to show up in Fedora Extras"spaleta

Jef,

Thanks for pointing that out. I had actually scanned the list archives
but came up empty. Now in going back, I found two discussion threads on
this in July and of course the new search feature, so my oversight.

Presumably there are no pending updates on the license issues since
MySQL 4.x is still not in the beta.

I have also subscribed to the test list.

Thanks again,

Marc