CDROM troubles with fedora beta 2 (0.94) continued

Adam H. Pendleton fmonkey at
Sun Sep 28 19:14:11 UTC 2003

On Sunday, Sep 28, 2003, at 12:15 US/Eastern, Steve Rodgers wrote:

> I have some additional information to further clarify the mount/umount
> issue:
>> From a straight boot up, mount/umount works normally. Thanks go bad
>> whenever
> I run redhat-config-packages and attempt to install additional
> packages from
> the distribution disks. redhat-config-packages refuses to mount the
> distribution disk it is calling for. The only choice I have is to
> abort the
> package install. There is an entry in /var/log/messages:
> Sep 28 09:08:28 steverod userhelper: pam_timestamp: timestamp file
> `/var/run/sudo/srodgers/unknown:root' is too old, disallowing access to
> redhat-config-packages for UID 500

This message isn't a fatal error, it is produced any time you run a
program that requires root privileges as a non-privileged user.  This
message should be followed by a pop-up for the root password.