rpm installation?

Luc Bouchard luc at luker.on.ca
Sat Apr 3 14:01:13 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 05:33, Kent Loobey wrote:

> I get:
>
> root:/var/spool/localyum# yum-arch -dv .
> Checking dependencies
> Checking deps 1/2 complete
> Checking deps 2/2 complete
> errors found
>
> Errors within the dir(s):
>  .
>    depcheck: package xmms-aac needs faad2 = 2.0-1.rc3.rhfc1.ccrma
>    depcheck: package xmms-aac needs id3lib
<snip>

Basically this says that the header info was not created because of
dependency issues failling.  That's what the -d is for.  You have to
choices here, download all the rpms to satisfy the dependencies (from an
updates mirror for example) or remove the dependency check from
yum-arch.

> root:/var/spool/localyum# yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror
> Server: Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror
> Server: Fedora Core 1 updates -- Fedora US mirror
> Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
> Server: local rpm repository
> retrygrab() failed for:
>   file://var/spool/localyum/headers/header.info
>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file file://var/spool/localyum/headers/header.info
<snip>

Of course this failed since you failed to create the headers in the
above step.

> I commented out the references to /var/spool/localyum/
> root:/var/spool/localyum# yum install xmms
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror
> Server: Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror
> Server: Fedora Core 1 updates -- Fedora US mirror
> Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> xmms is installed and is the latest version.
> No actions to take
> root:/var/spool/localyum#

I would try to install xmms-aac here from one of the mirrors, this way
all the dependencies will be downloaded for you, i.e. faad2 and id3lib
will be installed at the same time.  Where did you get the xmms-aac
package?

Luc Bouchard