will future cd's be apt

duncan brown duncanbrown at email.com
Mon Apr 5 19:20:11 UTC 2004

up2date is a piece of history which should be left behind, and i'm sure alot of people would agree.

the fedora.us guys felt that they'd be 100% merged with the redhat fedora team by the release date of fc2, which i don't think is going to happen.   i think that fc3 will probably have synaptic/apt/yum all included, which will be interchangable because i also remember reading that the yum/apt teams are working on forming a single standard for the two different products.

so, i'd say that in fc3 you'd be able to use synaptic out of the box.  i'm sure that it'll be around in the next 6 or so months, if they keep up the pace of releases.

-d