Controlling where an application's new child window is created...

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 22:06:25 UTC 2004

Brian Anderson wrote:
> I'm using FC1 with gnome essentially 'out-of-the-box'.  Is there a way
> to keep new windows created by an application in the same workspace
> window as the parent?  [snip]

Search bugzilla.gnome.org for a bug about what you are talking about. If you do
find a bug relating to this, can you please reply in your own thread with the
bug # and URL for future people that might come across your thread? Thanks.

In a similiar note, Gnome should also not allow Windows or dialogs to raise
themselves at all and should flash them instead, like Windows XP does.