POLICY: Moving discussions around

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 6 21:24:44 UTC 2004

At 10:58 4/6/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 00:36, duncan brown wrote:
>
> > who's the list master?  i think that there should be a fedora2-list,
> and just leave this as fedora core 1 discussions.  that way there's no
> real gray area.
>
>I'm opposed to another list though - I already follow pretty much all
>fedora-* lists, I can't bear more on my email load

Not really good logic, Colin. Taking 400 posts a day (as an example) and
splitting it into two lists does not per se generate more traffic... when
you split into two lists, you do not magically get another 50 messages. On
the contrary, my previous experience was that some people chose to
subscribe to redhat-list *and* one or more of the release-specific lists,
while others chose to subscribe only to the general list or to the
release-specific list.

Seems to me that this provides you with a golden opportunity to *reduce*
your email load.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com