OH @$#%%$$#^ Fedora doesn't do mc pine or lyx ???????????

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 7 04:57:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:47:32PM +0000, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> It would appear that on Apr 5, duncan brown did say:
>
> > has probably changed, but from what i remember pine and pico (come in the
> > same tar) are extremely difficult to compile.

It is easy to compile....

> of it it is at least, free to use... I don't know about source tarballs,
> (I doubt I'd even attempt to compile it)

Download it and give the README a look, it is easy to compile and install.

I am a fan of pine and pico.  I love how it uses lyx/lynx to present
html postings.  Since there is a binary package for windows it gets
easy to use the same mail tool (pine) at any desktop your company hands you.

By it's text nature it is a safer mailer than most but has it's issues.
I see one of you used  Pine.LNX.4.50.
   Please upgrade to Pine 4.58:
   This new version fixes a major security vulnerability.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l