Simultaneous sounds with ALSA?

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Apr 8 02:43:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 04:44, Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks!
> It solved for now!
>
> I could configure xmms to play in DSP1, but I figure that it had only
> two DSP's (0 and 1) to chose from and on windows I'm almost certain that
> it could play at least 4 simultaneous sounds! Am I wrong????

What you are doing wrong is not giving enough info:
eg:
Is xmms not playing two songs at a time or while playing a song in xmms
you cant hear your system sounds? :-D

Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.
This mail is free for distribution. You are free to - delete it - resend
it - use it in anyway that makes you happy. I am not responsible for it
or its content due to ignorance.
Enjoy the adventures of Linux